Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Willow Springs Flinders Ranges in S.A


Willow Springs Station ,is a 70,000 acre sheep property which has been in the family for many many years.This is a photo of the road into the property. Brendon Reynolds who is in his early sixties was born and bred here. His wife Carmel and him are in the process of turning Willow Springs into a tourist attraction where they can come in the motorhome/caravan etc and spend a few days or even weeks on the station..or they can rent out one of the 5 cottages or the Homestead..The Homestead is the former home of the Reynolds family who had 8 children... Brendon has been operating a 4 wheel drive tour on their property for a few years now called skytrek... go take a look at the website it can tell you a lot more and worth having a look at... http://www.skytrekwillowsprings.com.au/
They have had toilets and showers built to accomodate the traveller. Are just about finished the camp kitchen which will look fantastic when it all comes together.. Brian and I parked our motorhome right next to the camp kitchen.. Oh must tell you this, you dont go and have a shower during the day. Your wondering why the hell not, yea right well I decided to go take a nice cool shower cause it was a stinking hot day.Said to Brian as soon as lunch is over im off for a nice cool shower and wash my hair... Got into the shower and turned the taps on and thought OMFG thats bloody hot, didnt have my glasses on and am as blind as a bat without them so got the glasses put them on and checked out the taps..Yep I had the cold tap on not the hot tap...so turned the tap on a bit faster didnt I.. Fat lot of good that did, the water got hotter and I thought this cant be right so I turned that tap off and put the other one on. Nope no bloody different , I was so hot and here I was with my hair all soaped up and trying as quickly as possible to get the stinking soap suds out. Was the worst shower I have ever had.. Spoke to Carmel about it over dinner that nite and she said oh you dont shower after 10am at the latest and before 6 pm in the afternoon cause the water pipes are on top of the ground and cause it black polly pipe the water gets very very hot. In the cooler months she said its fine but no such thing as a nice cool shower during the summer months.. Yea right well I found that out very quickly didnt I...

No comments:

Post a Comment