Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update on our travels

Well here I am again, you thought I had gone walkabout hadnt you, well actually we kinda did do that..lol...No not really, when we left Venus Bay I said we were going onto Streaky Bay which we did and spent a nice relaxing week there doing bugger all really..We went on a half day tour while we were there, had a great day out with about 6 other couples. Hope to post some of the photos today if I get the time. After Streaky Bay we went on to Ceduna and were going to spend the nite there but not on your nelly, not afer I saw these bloody prison like fences all around the caravan parks. Asked Brian what on earth have they got ugly fences like that and it was to keep that blacks out. All I could say was OMFG your got to be kidding me. That was it end of story I said im not staying here no way so we had a bit of a drive around the place just to have a look and then we left...So we ended up staying at a little place called Wudinna. How the hell they pronounce some of these towns is beyond me..We were making our way out to Wilpena Pound and then onto friends of brians who owns a sheep station called Willow Springs Station...
To me it was out in the never never lol which it wasnt really, the closest town is Hawker and thats 70 klms away. But when you dont have mobile phone access or no internet access to me thats the never never..lol...I cant stand bloody isolation as you can tell.
Spent 5 days at Willow Springs and that was more than enough for me, but mind you I really didnt mind it tho would have been much better tho if I had my 2 fav things phone and net lol.
Then it was back to Brians home town Port Pirie where we spent 2 days with each of his 3 kids, then back to Crystal Brook for one nite with other friends...On the road again and we are now at a small town called Kupunda, its about 80 klms from Adeliaide. We will leave the trailer here at his friends place for a week, that gives us a chance to go down to Adelaide and have a good look around the district for maybe a week.. Im going to buy myself a very nice digital slr camera while we are there so look out yous will be sick of me posting pics on here .. yea right ..lol..
Better get off here as we have to go over to the house for brekkie.. Im starvin marvin here at the moment lol ... Will be back real soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment