Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Houseboat Holiday


We had just over a weeks holidays on the Murray River near Renmark on a place called Chowilla Station...

The road to this place had 40 klms of dirt and as rough as, everything shook in the motorhome...I have been on some rough roads before but not like this one, you cant imagine just how corrigated it was...but it was worth it in the long run cause we had a lovely relaxing time. Brian done quite a lot of fishing, catching yabbies and shrimp..He done pretty well at fishing better than me, the only one that did get on my line ended up getting away so that was the end of fishing for me lol.. Brian got 5 nice sized yellowbelly and of course some of those stinking carp, which I might add ended up on the bank...I just loved the feeling of being able to move around, not like the motorhome where you have no room at all..A friend and his wife joined us for the weekend on the houseboat.. The men sat around and had a few drinks, fished, had a few drinks, fished, lol...
This is a view from the houseboat decking taken while going up the river....

No comments:

Post a Comment